Thursday, June 24, 2010

Introductions Are In Order


By Chuck Bates, Director of Public Relations

I’d like to introduce myself. I’m the newest member of the team at dgs Marketing Engineers. I come from the “other side of the fence,” so to speak – a business-to-business trade publication that covered the manufacturing/metalworking market sectors.

As an editor at the publication, I worked with industrial marketing agencies on a daily basis. They were excellent sources for editorial content, kept me abreast of new industrial products and developments happening at their client companies, and pretty much catered to my every need. I considered these agencies a valuable tool.

And while most editors are happy to keep to their side of the editor–agency fence, I jumped at the opportunity to expand my professional portfolio to include business-to-business public relations and technical product marketing.

What I will bring to dgs Marketing Engineers, besides my extensive experience with the workings of the industrial market sector, is a devoted effort to serve its clients with the same integrity I served my readers while working at the trade publication.

It may take a little time to adjust to this side of the fence because I now have a few more entities than just magazine readers to constantly keep on my radar. But I’m up to the challenge. It’s all just part of business-to-business public relations and technical product marketing world.

No comments:

Post a Comment